On Friday, August 23, from 8:50 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. (or until prizes last), the Hill route and Neyland Express will each feature a special Prize Ride T bus. Passengers on these specially marked buses who correctly answer a trivia question from our fearless tour guides will win a prize! BOOM. You just won a new t-shirt to wear this weekend.
A variety of fun prizes for the event have been graciously donated by several campus groups and departments, including: Parking & Transit Services, First Transit, Athletics, VolShop, Dining Services, Aramark and Volunteer Dining, Institute of Agriculture, Office of Communications and Marketing, Division of Student Life, Thompson-Boling Arena, Air Force ROTC, Army ROTC, Ready for the World Initiative, McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture, Housing, UT Gardens, and Alumni Affairs.
The Prize Ride trivia contest is free to play and open to all passengers.
Want to find the Prize Ride buses? Check the interactive map on Friday during the Prize Ride for two special bright pink pinpoints.
Special thanks to our UT tour guides, who will serve as trivia masters for the event, and to Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek, who will be a special guest trivia master for one section of the Prize Ride’s Hill route!
Additional Online-Only T Bus Trivia Contest
Some of the prizes for the Prize Ride event were too big to give away on the bus. So we’ve created an online-only T bus trivia contest that is open for all current UT students. Students will receive a link to the contest in the August 22 edition of the Student@Tennessee e-mail. The contest will remain open until 5:00 p.m., EST, on Friday, August 23.
Prizes for this online-only T bus trivia contest have been generously donated by UT Athletics, First Transit, Thompson-Boling Arena, the McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture, Division of Student Life, and Volunteer Dining. Prizes include:
- $500 book loan for textbooks at VolShop (restrictions may apply, see VolShop for details)
- Google Nexus 7 tablet
- Two tickets to the Blake Shelton “Ten Times Crazier” concert at Thompson-Boling Arena on September 27
- Two tickets to WWE Live at Thompson-Boling Arena on October 18
- Two pregame sideline tickets to a UT football game (choice of Western Kentucky, Auburn, or Vanderbilt. Proper attire and behavior is expected)
- Football signed by Vols Coach Butch Jones
- Basketball signed by Lady Vols Coach Holly Warlick (x2)
- Basketball signed by Vols Coach Cuonzo Martin
- Pair of Charles Albert earrings from the McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture
- Gift certificate for an aquatics class or program at the Student Aquatics Center, valued at $70 (x3)
- Gift basket from Volunteer Dining
Online Contest Details
Winners will be randomly selected from eligible online contest participants who submit their name, NetID, e-mail address, and correctly answer three trivia questions about the new T bus system. Participants in the online contest must be current UT students in order to be eligible for a prize. Winners will be notified by e-mail on or before August 30, 2013, at 5:00 p.m., EST. Winners must have their student ID on hand in order to obtain their prize.