The University of Tennessee’s transit system, “The T,” provides our students, staff, faculty, and visitors a safe, convenient, and efficient campus-wide transportation service. Service is fare-free for all passengers.
Each new bus incorporates clean design and interactive technology. Features include:
- Real-time GPS tracking to monitor current location and arrival time
- The UT mobile app integrates the T’s GPS tracking map, route stop information, and news updates on route and service changes
- All T vehicles are accessible to passengers with disabilities
- Front-of-vehicle bicycle racks
- Four USB charging stations located at the back of each vehicle
- Currently all T vehicles run on diesel – we are excited to announce that we are transitioning to electric vehicles and anticipate the first delivery in Fall 2025.
UT selected Transdev to operate the T, which began service June 1, 2013 and the contract was renewed in 2023. Transdev operates more than twenty campus transit systems and has more than fifty years of private transit experience.