Service at night
The service area includes UT’s Main campus, Ag campus, and the Fort Sanders neighborhood. The T bus and T: Link do NOT pick up on Cumberland Ave. If a student needed to get to Aspen Heights, they would be dropped off at 22nd and White Ave and not on Cumberland.
Primary role: Transporting the majority of students/staff/faculty across campus. At times the T Link may take a passenger to the nearest Late Nite bus stop.
|Sunday – Saturday
6:00 pm – 3:30 am
The T: Link operates nightly between 6:00 pm and 7:00 am.
This service has 2 functions:
Primary role: ADA/Accessible bus service for 13 hours (no disability ID is required)
Secondary role: Transporting UT students/staff/faculty from locations near or on campus to either a Late Nite bus stop or to their residence.
- Multiple vehicles serve this On-Demand service, but this is not Uber/Lyft.
- Passengers need to be either at the intersection or in the doorway of the building waiting to immediately board the vehicle. The demand does not allow the driver to wait 5-10 minutes.
- If the pick-up is LATE at night, the passenger may wait in their vehicle but needs to let the dispatcher know they are sitting there for safety.
Requesting the T: Link
- Request pickup through the UT mobile app’s transit icon or the TransLoc app. The blue circle will pop up to request On-Demand after 6:00 pm.
- Call from any campus Blue Phone
- Call the Link directly at 865-974-4080
Wait times depend on call volume
The T: Link service area includes UT’s Main campus, Ag campus, and the Fort Sanders neighborhood to Grand Avenue (excluding the Cumberland Avenue Strip).
OnDemand passenger trip requests system available for The Link route. Access this service via the UT app or download the TransLoc Rider app at the Apple Store or on the Google Play store.